You know those articles about famous people like “25 Things You Never Knew About Nicholas Brendon”? As a celeb gossip site junky, I like to read those to see if the things listed are truly ones I didn’t know. Typically, if it is someone associated with a favorite show or musical act, then I already knew about 75% of the things. Today, I got to thinking about my own audience and what fun things people may not know about me. Thus, I present “13 Things You Never Knew About The Great Kaysby”!
1. I love reading Top 10 Style Lists! Top 10 lists, especially those on http://www.screenrant.com, are one of my guilty pleasures when it comes to reading. I want to know things like “Buffy the Vampire Slayer: 5 Times We Felt Bad for Riley (And 5 Times We Hated Him)”. Lists about my favorite TV shows and movies always amuse me! I also enjoy just general funny top lists like Dave Letterman was known to share on his late show. I prefer my lists to have bold titles so that I can just read the list without all of the fluff if I’m not in the mood for it. (Feel free to just read my bold titles.)
2. I prefer odd numbers. I don’t know why, but I’ve always preferred odd numbers over even numbers. Maybe it is because I’m an only child which meant three people in my house growing up. Maybe it is because people always insisted that numbers like 13 were unlucky. Could just be because I’m an odd duck; therefore, I like odd numbers.
3. I don’t like being hot. If it is over 80 degrees, then I’m not happy! In fact, if it is over like 72 with the AC, then I’m grumpy. There is nothing worse to me than being sweaty and stinky. When it is over 80 degrees, the only way I want to be outside is either in a pool or on the ocean (cruise ship pre-pandemic or beach). I would much rather have fall temperatures all year than sweat.
4. I love food, but I do not like to eat it outside. Outside there are bugs (something else I’m not a fan of). The easiest way to get me to throw away food is to have a bug land on it or near it. Flies buzzing around food really grosses me out especially if they land because somebody told me when I was little that a fly vomits every time it lands.
5. I love food, but I’m very picky! I don’t like cheese unless it is on pizza or like how it is on pizza. The cheese CANNOT be the dominant flavor or texture. I don’t like steak because of the texture. I’m not a fan of chocolate unless the chocolate is a small part of a chocolate chip cookie or Reese’s cup. Ice cream is too cold, and I’ll only eat it when it is melty in a Blizzard. I’m not a fan of beer or drinks with sugar in them. Cheetos are yucky as are Cheez-its. I don’t like olives, mushrooms, or lima beans. Blue cheese dressing is gross as well.
6. I love to bake, but I don’t eat a lot of it. I love to bake! I love trying new recipes! I’ve been working on my decorating technique after getting hooked on Nailed It! on Netflix. Fun fact, once I’ve baked it, a lot of times I don’t want to eat it. The exception is usually cupcakes and cookies. During the holidays this means I bake a lot of things for other people just because!
7. I love to paint! I will never claim to be good at it, but because of the “Paint and Sip” style classes that have become so popular, I love to paint! I like playing around with a blank canvas and trying my hand at creating art. Currently, I’m watching YouTube videos of Bob Ross to improve my skill!
8. I love socks! I have so many socks that I could probably go two months and never wear the same pair of socks twice! I love ankle socks, knee socks, no show socks, socks with designs, plain socks, fuzzy sucks…any type of socks! If you ever want to buy me a present, then send socks! I have size 10 feet, so they can be a challenge!
9. I love labels, and I’m not ashamed to admit it! There are not a lot of things where I pay attention to labels. I don’t shop for name brand clothes, and I always try to save money by purchasing brands like Great Value when it comes to groceries. However, when it comes to shoes and bags, I’m not ashamed to admit that I have favorites! For shoes, I love my Skechers and Converse! You want me to be amused for a while? Drop me off at the Converse outlet! I’ll also accept knock-off Converse. I just love that style! With handbags, I’m a fan of Coach and Kate Spade. The addiction started when I earned pieces from both designers as prizes in my direct selling job. My helpful hint when it comes to labels? Shop the outlets, and sign up for their emails so that you get extra deals! That way you can save and shop!
10. I love performing! Performing on stage in front of an audience has been one of my passions for as long as I can remember. I love acting, and I love to sing. My fear of what people thought of my singing has truly held me back from singing in public more. That’s why I’m always in the ensemble in musicals! Acting wise, I love to be in comedies! If I can make people laugh, then I feel like I’ve accomplished something great! Favorite roles have included Emily Webb in Our Town (even though it’s not a comedy), Mrs. Poppenghul in Moonlight and Magnolias, and Phyllis Montague in Play On.
11. I love playing games! I love to play games! I love computer games like World of Warcraft! I love console games especially any Zelda game! I love board games, card games, and table top RPGs! Any game where I have a goal and the chance for victory pretty much makes me happy!
12. I love “quiet” activities! I love putting together puzzles. I enjoy word games on my phone. I enjoy completing crossword puzzles and word searches. I LOVE to read! This is one is so big that I can say breaking down and buying a Kindle last year was one of my best purchases. I love taking pictures of flowers and landscapes!
13. I love decaf coffee that doesn’t taste like coffee. If I’m drinking a cup of coffee, then I want it to be so diluted with creamer that it is like a pale brown color. For me the best coffee tastes like french vanilla, caramel macchiato, or a mocha. Drown it in whip cream and I have my own frothy Starbucks like drink at home. In actuality, the best coffee to me isn’t even coffee. It is a nice, freshly brewed cup of hot tea.
There you have “13 Things You Never Knew About The Great Kaysby”! I challenge you to share things about yourself that people may not know!
The Great Kaysby