In the last 34 days, I’ve left the house 5 times maybe 6 to do activities other than walk around the neighborhood. I had to go to work one day, picked up an online grocery order once, went for a drive and lunch pick up, and picked up dinner twice. I’ve cried more than I’ve ever cried especially out of being deeply moved by the kindness and generosity of others. But most importantly, I’ve spent tons of time with Mr Kisby and LilKsby that I wouldn’t have otherwise! ❤️ This is my favorite part of social distancing/corona-quarantine, and I can honestly say that at 34 days and counting boredom is nowhere in sight!
So far I have or we have:
- Watched a lot of TV (often just as background noise) including: Full House, Fuller House, Boy Meets World, Girl Meets World, Nailed It, Hart of Dixie, Onward, and Inside Out.
- Baked cookies
- Learned to make bread from a starter
- Cooked more than ever (seriously, we had an eating out problem)
- Learned how to work from home
- Painted my nails
- Given a haircut
- Played board games
- Taken Udemy classes for fun
- Started to learn guitar from YouTube
- Worshipped virtually
- Visited with family virtually
- Played video games
- Created art projects
- Played with toys
- Read books
I’m sure we’ve done more, but that’s all I can think of at the moment! The good news is there is still a lot we can do without getting bored! The best news is that we’ve gotten time together we wouldn’t have had otherwise!!! FYI…if it wasn’t for the pandemic, then I may not have seen LilKsby’s first steps or been there when he started to say, “Dada”. Those have been the best moments!
I hope that you’re finding things to do during this time at home and enjoying it. I’d love to know your favorite things!
The Great Kaysby