If you have been following me for a while, then you know that back in May I published a blog about 39 things I want do while 39. Well, it is now January and the big birthday is getting closer every day. A lot of times right now I look at my list and start to panic because I am behind on my goals. However, this year I am very pleased with how my goals are going. So far I have…
- Rode a roller coaster – rode a super fun adult one at Dollywood and the kids one! I love wooden roller coasters!
- Rode a train – did this at Dollywood too! Really cool train ride up the mountain!
- Taken a vacation – I’ve been able to go on a few of them! Highly recommend making the trip to the America’s Historic Triangle!
- Hosted Sushimas – We hadn’t had this event with friends since 2019, and it was wonderful to get back together!
- Gone Kayaking – Nothing like the open water for relaxing, planning, and thinking!
- Played Pool – one of the best perks of our cabin in the Gatlinburg area! I hadn’t played pool with my parents in years.
- Gone to a Cave – Took our nephew to Mammoth Cave for the lantern tour. Highly recommend! Other recommendation? Don’t give the lantern to a teenager who will walk fast and leave you behind!
- Entered a Creative Competition – Entered the city Christmas tree competition! 12th place of 31 is not to shabby in my book!
- Made a Scrapbook of LilKsby’s 2021 and 2022 Calendars – put this in the category of things I previously never made time to complete!
- Completed LilKsby’s First Year Frame – Same as above!
- Saw Dr Strange 2 – Loved this movie! Then again, I was a HUGE fan of Wandavision!
- Saw Thor Love & Thunder – I laughed so much that I wanted to cry!
- Watched Young Sheldon Seasons 3 and 4 – Not as good as TBBT, but the supporting characters are a lot of fun!
- Watched Step By Step – I love seeing all the old TGIF shows again! Fun fact, Staci Keanan who played Dana is now a hot shot lawyer!
- Attended GenCon Online – Love gaming! Miss going in person!
- Gone to Gatlinburg – We made it to that area twice! The time we drove through Gatlinburg, we totally saw a bear crossing the street.
- Completed 5 Paintings – I’m so happy to have gotten back to the canvas!
- Saw the BSB DNA Tour (again LOL) – Almost 30 years and they are still amazing!
- Completed NANOWRIMO – I love writing, so this is always a fun challenge!
- Gone to a Winery – Shoutout to Forest Edge Winery for being fantastic!
- Gone to a Pumpkin Activity – We went to the Pumpkin Wagon, painted pumpkins, and carved pumpkins!
- Wrote 10 Fan Letters – As a kid, I loved writing fan mail! So I thought why not try it again? I wrote 10 letters and sent them. We will see if I get any responses!
- Gone to the State Fair – Worked it and went as a visitor!
- Got a Casey’s Taco Pizza – I’ve had two, and they are still the most tasty pizza on the planet!
Something you will notice from my list is that some of the goals were not on the initial list as some of the initial goals have been removed and replaced. I account this to changing circumstances in life and my priorities shifting. Once I switched over to Work from Home Mom life and homeschooling, I started realizing just how much I enjoy goals that can be completed at home. Along the same line, I also realized that you don’t have to spend a ton of money to be able to complete goals. Plus, as we grow as people, the things we want to do change. So even though I haven’t met all of my goals yet, I think I’ve already learned the most important lessons from 39 Things While 39: Your goals in life will change as you change, and this is an acceptable part of personal growth!
Stay tuned to see what all gets completed by my birthday!
The Great Kaysby